We seek your permission to store your health information in the Australian Otolaryngology National Surgical Audit database for use for quality assurance purposes to optimise the quality of ENT surgeries and therapies nationally.
1. ‘What kind of health information will be taken, and how?’
Data will be collected at your initial booking, at the time of the operation and at follow up appointments.
Data collected will include:
- Medical condition, including diagnosis, general status, risk factors
- Therapy decisions including aim and planned treatment including surgeries and
therapies details and follow up.
- Quality of life indicators
2. ‘Will the data be identifiable as mine after it is stored?’
3. ‘What will happen to my data?’
Your data will be stored securely in a central database hosted by Microsoft Azure Cloud Technology that has been assessed by the Australian Government and certified by the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) as being secure.
4. Who will have access to my data?’
Your Surgeon, their clinic and ASOHNS will have access to your de-identified data.
Data will be collated into a National Surgical Audit Annual Report. The reports will be publicly available.
5. ‘Will I be able to get my data deleted if I change my mind once it has been stored in the registry?’
If you no longer wish to participate, you will need to complete a Withdrawal of Consent form available from your Surgeon/Specialist or hospital/clinic.
Once your completed Withdrawal of Consent form has been received your data will be deleted. Note, if your data has already been included in any reports, we cannot delete this component of your data.
6. ‘Who should I contact if I have concerns about the conduct of this study?’
This study has been approved by the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is managed by the Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Ltd (ASOHNS).
If you have any questions regarding this data collection, you should contact The Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Ltd
113 Union Street
McMahons Point, NSW 2061
Thank you for taking the time to consider this data collection.